Exame Unificado de Acesso
2022 Joint Admission Examination for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions
Special arrangements for epidemic prevention and important notes for candidates
(issued on 28th Jan 2022)
In order to safeguard the health of candidates and staff, University of Macau, Macao Polytechnic University, Macao Institute for Tourism Studies and Macau University of Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as the “Four Institutions”) will follow the prevention guidelines issued by the Health Bureau of the Macao SAR Government against novel coronavirus pneumonia and will take a series of measures for the 2022 Joint Admission Examination for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions (Subjects: Languages and Mathematics) (hereinafter referred to as “JAE”), such as environmental hygiene in the examination venues, seating arrangements and hygiene administration of working personnel.
Candidates should pay attention to the following special arrangements and important notes for anti-epidemic approaches to be implemented by the Four Institutions. Candidates must also stay alert to any updates on below existing preventive measures, if any, which may be adjusted subject to the actual epidemic development and the latest guidelines to be issued by the Macao Health Bureau.
Before the Examination
- To comply with the anti-epidemic measures of the Macao SAR Government, all candidates must present the proof of having completed full vaccination against COVID-19 (i.e. 2 doses) for 14 days or the nucleic acid test with a negative result within 7 days for entry to any higher education institutions in Macao. Candidates must also present the venue QR code for health declaration to access examination rooms. Hence, candidates should have downloaded the ‘Macao Health Code’ mobile app before the examinations and ensure your mobile will work well during examination days. Candidates who are unable to present the abovementioned proof or a green venue code will not be allowed to enter examination rooms and take the examination. Candidates should make necessary arrangement accordingly.
|‘Macao Health Code’ mobile app - this app will allow you to scan the venue QR code for visit record and health declaration.)||
Please visit https://eservice.ssm.gov.mo/covidapps/ for details.
- Candidates should pay attention to the epidemic news* released by the Macao SAR Government, follow the advices as suggested by the Macao Health Bureau and pay attention to your personal, home and environmental hygiene.
|*Macao SAR Government Special Webpage against Epidemics (inclusive information of health quarantine requirements and measures for inbound travelers of different identities)||
- To minimize the risk of contracting the novel coronavirus, candidates are advised to avoid leaving Macao or commuting across borders, avoid non-essential travel to medium to high risk countries/regions of COVID-19.
- Candidates who are undergoing the medical observation or health self-management as required by the Macao Health Bureau are not allowed to take the examination(s).
- To avoid gathering, candidates should check in advance the seating locations of each subject stated on the JAE Examination Permit from the Examination Venue announced on JAE webpage.
On the day of Examination (non-examination time)
- Candidates should take their own temperature measurement before going to the examination. Candidates with fever (with ear temperature at 38˚C or above / forehead temperature at 37.5˚C or above) or acute respiratory tract infection symptoms should not take the examination. Meanwhile, candidates should not take medicines to alleviate above symptoms in order to take the examination. Candidates should consult a doctor promptly and put the mask on.
- To better manage the flow of people, only candidates with JAE Examination Permit are allowed to enter the examination rooms or designated areas on the campus.
- For entry to examination room of each subject, candidates must present the proof of having completed full vaccination against COVID-19 (i.e. 2 doses) for 14 days or the nucleic acid test with a negative result within 7 days, along with a scanned venue code for health declaration. Candidates who are unable to present a green venue code or proof concerned will not be allowed to enter for examination.
- Before entering the examination room, candidates must take a temperature check. Candidates who are tested with ear temperature at 38˚C or above / forehead temperature at 37.5˚C or above will be asked to rest for about 10 minutes in a designated area before taking the body temperature for the second time.
- If the candidate’s temperature is still at or higher than the level aforementioned, he/she will not be allowed to take the examination, and the relevant situation will be recorded. He/she should consult a doctor promptly.
- If the candidate’s temperature is below the level aforementioned, he/she will be allowed to take the examination. Candidates will not be given any extra time due to temperature checking if he/she is late for commencement of examination.
- Candidates who do not wear a mask will not be allowed to enter the examination room. Masks will not be provided in the examination room. Candidates can bring along some spare masks as needed.
- In order to reduce crowd gathering, candidates must take the designated routes and entrances to enter/exit the examination venue in accordance with on-site instructions. Please refer to the information about the examination venue which will be published on JAE webpage later.
- In order to take necessary epidemic preventive measures, all examination rooms will admit candidates earlier. Candidates should pay attention to the entry arrangement to be published on 9th March, 2022, the day of issuance of JAE Examination Permit.
- For personal health protection, candidates should keep a distance of at least 1 meter apart from each other in examination venues. Candidates should always wash your hands with soap or alcohol dispenser after contacts with public facilities, objects or having been to the washroom.
During the Examination
- Candidates are required to put on masks during the examinations. Invigilators may ask candidates to remove their masks temporarily during the taking of attendance in order to verify their identities. Those who refuse to do so will be regarded as violating the examination rules.
- Candidates with serious sneezing / persistent coughing may be arranged to sit in designated area in the examination venue in order to minimize the disturbance to other candidates, and candidates will not be given any extra time for seat relocation.
- Candidates must comply with the requirements of the Four Institutions and instructions issued by the invigilators.
- Candidates should avoid bringing suitcase or baggage to the examination. Large baggage is not allowed in examination venue. Storage for personal belongings will not be provided at the examination room.
- The JAE is held only once a year. No supplementary examination will be arranged.