Macao Polytechnic University Regulations for Handling Fees Related to Degree Programmes
- These regulations are applicable to the fees for the degree programmes of Macao Polytechnic University (hereafter referred to as the “University”).
The fees stated in Clause 1 of this Article (hereafter referred to as the “Fees”) include:
(1) tuition fees;
(2) hostel fees and other fees incurred for residing at a student hostel;
(3) student medical (non-accidental) insurance fees;
(4) fees incurred for participating in student activities;
(5) fees for the degree programmes as listed in the University's Service Fees Table.
- The Fees should be paid on time according to the rules on payment and standards of Fees set by the University.
- All Fees paid will not be refunded, except for those situations referred to in Clauses 3 and 4 of this Article.
An admitted applicant who has paid the Fees as prescribed, has confirmed the acceptance of admission offer and has yet to complete the student registration, may apply for a refund of the Fees paid under the following circumstances:
(1) being unable to fulfill the basic entry requirements of the degree programmes offered;
(2) being unable to fulfill the entry requirements stated in the conditional offer letters;
(3) suffering from severe illnesses, as indicated in a relevant medical certificate issued by a registered hospital, that render him/her unable to commence study in the degree programmes offered;
(4) the degree programmes offered not commencing as planned.
- Those who have paid more than once or overpaid for the same matter are eligible to apply for a refund of the amounts in excess according to Article 3 Clause 2, unless otherwise specified.
- Under the circumstances stated in Article 2 Clause 3 Items (1) to (3), an application for a refund in writing together with the relevant and valid supporting documents should be submitted.
- Under the circumstance stated in Article 2 Clause 3 Item (4), an application for a refund in writing should be submitted.
- Under the circumstance stated in Article 2 Clause 4, an application in writing for a refund together with the relevant and valid supporting documents should be submitted.
- Any questions and omissions arising out of the application of these regulations should be resolved by the Administrative Board.
This English version is a translation of the original regulations in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.