Macao Polytechnic University
Research on Intangible Cultural Heritage
The Macao Polytechnic University has continually cooperated with a number of non-governmental organisations to carry out the "Macao Intangible Cultural Heritage Oral History Project". So far in the research, 10 interview projects have been completed. Interviews with more than 100 people compiled over one million words in the interview manuscript. A large number of intangible cultural heritage documents, files and pictures have been collected. The research results highly raised the public’s interests and concerns of Macao intangible cultural heritage.
- Lei, H. I. (2012). The Present and Future of Macau Intangible Cultural Heritage Protection. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
- Cheng, W. M. (2013) & Chan, T. H. The Da Jiu Festival of Macao's Fishing Community: An Anthropological Field Study of the Cult of Chu Tai Sin in Hong Kong and Macao. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
- Lei, H. I., Cheng, W. M. & Wu, C. P. (2013). Proceedings of the ‘Research and Protection of Chinese Fishermen's Belief’ Conference. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
- Lei, H. I. (2014). East Asian Experience of Intangible Cultural Heritage Protection. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
- Chong, C. K. & Lam, F. I. (2016). Hundred Years: Inheritance and Development of the Chinese Catholic Groups in Macao in the 20th Century. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
- Jiang, C. & Wan. H. K. (2019). Inheritance: Video Record of Macau Intangible Cultural Heritage. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
Lam, F. I. (2019). Inheritance: Macau Intangible Cultural Heritage. Macao Polytechnic Institute.
The Beliefs of Nezha in Macao
Features on the Media:
MPI has cooperated with the Macao Daily News, a local newspaper with the highest circulation in Macao, to publish featured articles with pictures about intangible cultural heritage in Macao, including:
- Cantonese Opera Treasures in the Greater Bay Area (8 April 2019, page B06)
- Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Herbal Tea Culture (11 April 2019, page B09)
- Carving Craft of Wood Carving God Statue (15 April 2019, B09)
- Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macao “Southern Music” Culture (18 April 2019, B12)
- Taoist Ritual Music (22 April 2019, B05)
- Fish and Drunk Dragon Festival (25 April 2019, B09)
- A-Ma Beliefs and Customs (29 April 2019, B11)
- Beliefs of Nezha and its Protection of Macao (2 May 2019, B09)
- The East meets the West: Macanese Cuisine Cooking Skills (6 May 2019, B09)
- Originating from Macao: Peranakan Drama (9 May 2019, B09)
- Protecting the Land and the People: Earth God Beliefs Rooted in Macao (13 May 2019, B09)
- The Cult of Chu Tai Sin: Water God Keeps the Peace (16 May 2019, B09)
- Macau's Traditional Scaffolding Craft (20 May 2019, B09)
- The Passion of Redemption: Catholic Procession of the Passion of Jesus for Three Hundred Years (23 May 2019, B09)
Catholic Procession of Our Lady of Fátima (27 May 2019, B09)
Videos on the Media:
Co-produced by MPI and the Macao Daily News, videos have been broadcasted on the “Macao Daily News” Youtube channel on Fridays.
- The Story of Nezha Temple and the Plague
- The Origin of “Leprosy Parish” at St. Lazarus Parish
- The Plague Disaster
- Before Having Water from a Pipe
- Macao's First Chinese Western Medicine Doctor Sun Yat-sen
- Santa Casa da Misericordia Albergue – the Continuation of the Orphanage
- Portuguese Cupid - San Anthony
- A War Affecting the Destiny of Macao
- The City Wall
- Is there a gate on the “Gate Street” (Rua dos Ervanarios)?
- How to Maintain the Supply of Drinking Water in Macao during Salty Tide?
- The First Lighthouse in the Far East Illuminates the City
- The Tragedy of “Selling Piglets” – Chinese Coolies Being Cheated and Transported to Overseas
- Macao's First Chinese Breed of Vaccinia
- Doctor Ke Lin from the Kiang Wu Hospital (Part I)
- Doctor Ke Lin from the Kiang Wu Hospital (Part II)
- The Past and Present of the Bank of China Macao
- Why Macao is called “Macao Streets”?
- Macao and the Anti-Japanese War
- Inheritance of Wood Carving, Scaffolding and Stone Cutting for 180 years
- Why Garden Camões is Called “the Nest of Pigeons”?
- The Boats Made in Macao
- The Birth of National Day Archway
- The Story about Largo do Lilau and an Old Lady