To be eligible for admission via exams, applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Having completed six years of secondary education and fulfilled the requirements for graduation; or
- Currently attending the third year of senior high school or equivalent
- This requirement will be waived for applicants aged 23 or above.
The specific exams required for admission vary according to individual programmes. They may include all or some of the subjects of the Joint Admission Examination (JAE) for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions, and/or specialised exams and interviews organised by the Macao Polytechnic University.
Please stay tuned to our website for:
- Exams required under each programme;
- Regulations, syllabus and past papers of JAE;
- Mock papers and guidelines of MPU’s specialised exams.
- Candidates will be issued with a notification to sit for admission exams. Candidates who are required to take the JAE exam(s) as well will also be issued with a JAE examination permit.
Candidates are required to attend the exam(s) according to the schedule(s) indicated on the admission exam notice and/or JAE examination permit. They are required to bring along the following documents to attend the admission exam(s):
- Original copy of personal identity document (e.g. ID card or passport);
Admission exam notification (for specialised exam/interviews) or
JAE permit (for JAE exams);
- Other required documents (if applicable).
Candidates who have fulfilled any of the criteria below will be exempted from taking the respective exams:
|Portuguese A (JP01)||
- Fill out application during the application period【Online application】
- Settle application fee*
- Candidates applying for the exam exemption scheme should complete the registration at MPU's Registry in person within the application period by bringing: a printout of the admission application form submitted online, ID document(s), a recent photo and testimonial(s) that verify their eligibility (e.g. certificates of award/merit, letter issued by the secondary school).
- Application completed
The selection of qualified applications for admission is based on the applicant’s choice of programme, admission quota of the programme concerned, documents submitted by the applicant and his/her performance in the admission examination.
Offer results will be released on【Candidate Portal】only. We do not notify admission decisions by email or by any other means.
Applicants who wish to appeal their offer results should submit a written appeal to the Registry within 3 working days after the results are released. Late applications will not be entertained.
Applicants with an admission offer should download the offer letter and other relevant documents from the 【Candidate Portal】and complete the admission procedures according to the instructions as stated.
【Online Application】for admission via admission exams and
Application for exam exemption (in person)
|01/12/2023 - 17/01/2024|
|Results of exam exemption and bonus points scheme announced||Early Feb 2024|
|Download admission exams notice, specialised exams and interview||Late Feb 2024|
|Download JAE permit (for candidates taking the JAE)||Early March 2024|
|Admission exams (JAE, specialised exams and interviews)||From Mar 2024|
|Release of admission results 【Candidate Portal】||From May 2024|