Macao Polytechnic University Admission Policy
- This policy applies to the admission affairs of the degree programmes offered by the Macao Polytechnic University (hereafter referred to as “the University”). It aims to provide guidance on the principles and procedures of the University in both undergraduate and postgraduate admission.
This policy is committed to:
- Transparent, consistent and efficient provision of admission information;
- Selection of candidates who are able to benefit from the academic opportunities offered; and
- Selection processes which are fair and implemented consistently and transparently.
- The entry requirements are defined in the Academic Regulations governing respective degree programmes offered by the Macao Polytechnic University.
SELECTION AND OFFERS
The University’s selection criteria and process ensure that:
- decisions are fair and consistent in relation to the published entry criteria;
- evidence of an applicant’s potential to succeed on the programme is taken into consideration; and
- outcomes are communicated to applicants in a timely manner.
- The University aims to select applicants who are likely to succeed academically and benefit from the learning opportunities provided. Aptitude for an individual programme is the primary criterion for selection and an academic decision will always be reached on an application.
Applicants are considered individually and holistically in an assessment as informed by one or more of the following in line with the programme-specific criteria set by the academic unit concerned:
- Performance in the University’s entrance examinations, which may take the form of a written examination, interview, and/or audition;
- Performance in applicable international or national examinations relevant to higher education admission;
- Prior academic qualifications and corresponding academic records;
- Personal statement;
- Submitted work;
- Academic/professional references.
- Where entrance examinations form part of the selection process, applicants will be informed of the process in advance.
- Applicants will be informed of the admission results via the University’s admission systems. Successful applicants will also be issued with a formal offer of admission together with information about the University’s academic regulations, confirmation of offer, and upcoming events and activities relevant to new students. If the offer is conditional, the conditions to be satisfied and relevant deadlines will be provided.
- The University’s selection criteria and process ensure that:
RELEASE OF ADMISSION INFORMATION
The University’s latest information on admission and programmes is available at the University’s admission website (www.mpu.edu.mo/admission), where potential applicants are able to learn about:
- Programmes of study on offer
- Entry requirements
- Admission routes
- Selection principles and methods
- Fees, scholarships and grants
- Application procedures
- Important dates
- Latest admission news
- Undergraduate and postgraduate admission prospectuses are published annually containing programme and admission information applicable to the intake year.
- The University organizes and participates in various admission and applicant engagement events and activities, such as open days, school visits, education fairs, and admission talks/seminars, to get in touch with potential applicants disseminating admission news and information.
- The Registry serves as an admission information hub for applicants. A contact directory is also available for applicants to contact respective academic units to learn more about their intended programmes of study.
- The University’s latest information on admission and programmes is available at the University’s admission website (www.mpu.edu.mo/admission), where potential applicants are able to learn about:
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- The University has general guidelines in place for students with disabilities, providing them an equal opportunity to be admitted and to be successful in their studies. For more details, please refer to the University’s admission website.
TERMINATION OF APPLICATION OR ADMISSION
- Applicants are required to submit true and accurate information in their applications.
- Should there be any untrue and/or incorrect information, or an application that contains forged academic or related documents, or where the applicants has displayed any misconduct during the application or selection process, the University reserve the right to terminate his/her application and/or admission.
- In case of disqualified applications under the circumstances stated in 6.2, all documents submitted and fees paid shall not be returned.
- Any questions and omissions arising out of the application of this policy shall be settled by resolutions of the Senate.
This English version is a translation of the original regulations in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.