Regulations on the Scheme to Enhance the Academic Ability of Postgraduate Students
In order to enhance the academic ability of postgraduate students who are currently enrolled in full-time master’s degree and doctoral degree programmes, Macao Polytechnic University (hereinafter referred to as “MPU”) implements the Scheme to Enhance the Academic Ability of Postgraduate Students (hereinafter referred to as “Scheme”) which enables postgraduate students to acquire practical teaching and research skills.
II. Nature and Contents
- Participation in the Scheme is voluntary.
- The academic activities in the Scheme include teaching and research activities, that is, auxiliary works in teaching and in approved research projects, so as to improve the academic ability of postgraduate students.
- The abovementioned academic activities are planned by MPU academic units according to the actual teaching and research projects.
Postgraduate students who are currently enrolled in MPU postgraduate programmes, except recipients of “MPU Postgraduate Scholarship”.
IV. Application and Selection
Postgraduate students who are interested in participating in the Scheme can apply to the corresponding unit.(1) Teaching auxiliary work: Respective Academic Unit.(2) Research auxiliary work: Pedagogic and Research Affairs Office.
The application requirements and selection criteria are determined by the corresponding academic unit which oversees the academic activities. The academic unit will make selection accordingly, and has the right to make final decision on the selection.
- Participants should take part in the academic activities set by the corresponding academic unit, and should follow the instructions of the academic unit.
- Participants must not disclose any non-public information obtained during the course of participation in the Scheme.
Participants will not be allowed to continue in the Scheme if any of the following situations arises with the participant:
|(1)||Failure to comply with arrangements and instructions given by the staff of the academic unit, and the situation is deemed to be serious by the Head of the academic unit;|
|(2)||Subject to disciplinary action as a result of violation of MPU’s regulations.|
VII. Hours and Allowance
- Under any circumstances, the cumulative total academic activity hours of each participant cannot exceed 15 hours per week.
- Participants in the Scheme are allowed to receive an allowance based on the number of academic activity hours. The rate of the allowance will be announced by MPU accordingly.
VIII. Questions and Omissions
Any questions or omissions arising from the implementation of these regulations shall be resolved by the Senate.
(This English version is a translation of the original regulations in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.)
Updated on 15 December 2022