Regulations on the Research Capability Enhancement Scheme for Postgraduate Students
In order to enhance the research capability of postgraduate students who are currently enrolled in full-time master’s degree and doctoral degree programmes, Macao Polytechnic University (hereinafter referred to as “University”) implements the Research Capability Enhancement Scheme for Postgraduate Students (hereinafter referred to as “Scheme”) which enables postgraduate students to acquire practical research skills through their participation in research projects.
II. Nature and Contents
- Participation in the Scheme is voluntary.
- In order to enhance the research capability of postgraduate students, the Scheme includes auxiliary research-related academic activities, based on the research projects that are approved by the University.
- The abovementioned academic activities are based on the need of the approved research projects and set by the academic units.
Students who are currently enrolled in postgraduate programmes, except recipients of “Macao Polytechnic University Postgraduate Scholarship”.
IV. Application and Selection
- Postgraduate students who are interested in participating in the Scheme can apply to the Pedagogic and Research Affairs Office.
- The application requirements and selection criteria are set by the corresponding academic unit. The academic unit will make selection accordingly, and reserves the right to make final decision on the selection.
- Participants should take part in the academic activities set by the corresponding academic unit, and should follow the arrangements and instructions of the staff of the academic unit.
- Participants shall keep confidential all non-public information obtained during the course of participation in the Scheme.
Participants will not be allowed to continue in the Scheme if any of the following situations arises with the participant:
|(1)||Failure to comply with the arrangements and instructions given by the staff of the academic unit, and the situation is deemed to be serious by the Head of the academic unit;|
|(2)||Subject to disciplinary action as a result of violation of the University’s regulations.|
VII. Hours and Allowance
- Under any circumstances, the cumulative total activity hours of each participant must not exceed 15 hours per week.
- Participants in the Scheme are entitled to receive an allowance which is calculated according to the number of activity hours. The rate of the allowance will be announced by the University in due course.
(This English version is a translation of the original regulations in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.)
Updated on 25 July 2022