University of Coimbra - Doctoral Programme in Information Science and Technology
Offered by the University of Coimbra in collaboration with Macao Polytechnic Institute
Application period: 2021/10/18 - 10/29
This doctoral programme aims to provide students with advanced scientific training in the field of Information Science and Technology and the corresponding research methods in order to prepare them to conduct scientific research of the highest quality autonomously in multiple contexts. Recognizing that the multiplicity of interdisciplinary spaces in which the area plays a major role, the programme provides many opportunities to carry out research projects of high scientific potential and high impact. Students will be integrated in a vibrant international research environment involving the Centre for Informatics and Systems of the University of Coimbra and the Macao Polytechnic Institute, powered by dozens of funded research projects and international research networks.
Mode of Study
Macao Polytechnic Institute
|Research Methods I||Compulsory||162||6|
|Research Methods II||Compulsory||162||6|
|Selected Topics I||Compulsory||243||9|
|Selected Topics II||Compulsory||243||9|
|2nd Year and 3rd Year|
The following applicants may apply to the programme:
- Holders of a master's degree or legal equivalent who have proven base preparation in Science and Information Technologies;
- The Portuguese holders of a bachelor's degree in the area referred to in a), with a final classification of at least 16 values whose title has been obtained in light of the legislation previous to Law no.49/2005, of August 30, as well as foreign candidates holding equivalent qualifications, who are recognized as attesting capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the Academic Board of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra;
- Holders of a scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as attesting capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the Academic Board of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra.
Application is subject to the payment of a 50 EUR fee. The amount of tuition fee to be settled by students will be MOP 90,000 in the first year and MOP 50,000 in each subsequent year.
Applicants must send the following documents to email@example.com within the application period. Please make sure items 1 to 5 being sent in ONE single PDF file.
Curriculum vitae, which must include but not limited to the following personal information:
- Number of Identity card or passport, issue country, place and date of issuing and validity date
- Email address
- Birth date
- Address, country, city, state/region, postal code
- Other contact (email address, mobile phone)
- Highest academic qualification, country of course completion, conclusion date, final grade
- BSc and MSc diplomas and official transcripts
- Identity card or passport
- Motivation letter, written by the candidate
- The scores of the GRE General Test and TOEFL tests (not mandatory)
- Two recommendation letters (Template), which must be endorsed and sent by the recommenders to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Recommendation Letter), clearly saying the name of the applicant and the programme he/she is applying to.
Admitted applicants are required to complete the registration procedures of the University of Coimbra and Macao Polytechnic Institute.