Sands China Fellowship
All applicants for the Sands China Fellowship (the “Fellowship”) must:
1. be holders of a valid Macao Resident Identity Card and currently studying on a bachelor’s degree programme of the Macao Polytechnic University (the “University”);
2. have paid the tuition fee due within the payment period.
1. An applicant should fill in a designated application form for the Fellowship, which should be submitted with the following documents within a specified period:
(i) A copy of the applicant’s identification document;
(ii) Copies of the identification documents of all family members who live with the applicant in the same household;
(iii) The University’s income declaration forms duly completed and signed by the employers of all those family members and the applicant if they were in employment for a designated past 12-month period; if during that period of time the applicant or any of those family members were unemployed, a declaration should be made to that effect;
(iv) Macao Local Bank Transfer Authorisation Form duly completed and signed, and a copy of the bank passbook of the applicant or the applicant’s representative.
2. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Quota and Amount
1. The Fellowship quota is ten students for each academic year.
2. The Fellowship amount is MOP10,000 per person.
The Fellowship applications are evaluated on the basis of the income documents submitted, and a list of ten applicants with the lowest household income per capita is provided to Sands China Limited for consideration and approval.
Means of Distribution
Every academic year, Sands China Limited provides the Fellowship amounts, which will be distributed by the University to each Fellowship recipient in a one-off payment via bank transfer.
Updated on 6 September 2021
This English version is a translation of the original scheme in Chinese. For any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.