Macao Polytechnic University Guidelines for Student Lockers
These guidelines aim to regulate the management and use of student lockers at Macao Polytechnic University (hereinafter referred to as the “University”).
- Those students enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree programme of the University can submit their applications to the Student Affairs Office for using the lockers in a designated period in each of the University’s academic years.
- Given the limited supply of lockers, each student is allocated at most one locker on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The locker numbers are randomly chosen by computer, and the students cannot choose the locations and numbers of their lockers.
- If the students need other services related to their lockers during the period when those lockers have been allocated for their use, they should apply by submitting a prescribed form to the Student Affairs Office.
(Term of Use)
- From the date of approval of their locker applications until the completion of their study of the degree programmes, the students can use the allocated lockers, except for the circumstances referred to in the following clause.
- If the study of the bachelor’s degree programmes of the University is interrupted or terminated, the right of those students in question to use their lockers will be forfeited immediately.
- The students must comply with the following obligations when using their lockers:
(1) Use their own padlocks and keep the lockers properly locked at all times;
(2) Keep their lockers clean and tidy;
(3) Do not leave any items on top of their lockers;
(4) Do not store valuables in their lockers;
(5) Do not occupy other lockers which have yet to be allocated;
(6) Do not let others use their lockers or swap lockers without authorisation;
(7) Do not store food, beverages or other perishable items in their lockers;
(8) Do not store illegal, dangerous or inappropriate items in their lockers;
(9) Do not write graffiti or post adhesive materials on the inside and outside of their lockers;
(10) Do not damage their lockers.
- The University accepts no responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, the contents in the student lockers.
- Under the circumstances referred to in Items (3) or (5) of the first clause of this article, the relevant items will be removed without further notice.
- In the case of non-compliance with the obligations stated in Items (7) or (8) of the first clause of this article, the student lockers in question will be opened, and the prohibited materials will be removed without further notice.
- Those students who have not complied with the obligations stated in Items (9) or (10) of the first clause of this article are liable to pay for the maintenance or replacement of the relevant lockers.
- To ensure the effective implementation of the first clause of this article, the University has the right to open and inspect those lockers suspected of violating these guidelines.
- The University has the right to take away the right of those students who have not complied with these guidelines to use the lockers and to re-apply for their use in the future.
(Restoration and Return)
- At the end of the term of use, the students should empty their lockers and remove the padlocks.
- If the right to use the lockers has been forfeited due to violation of these guidelines, the provision of the preceding clause similarly applies.
- If the lockers have not been emptied before the expiry of the designated period set by the University, those lockers will be opened and the contents inside removed without further notice.
The University reserves the right to make final decisions on the use of student lockers and the right to interpret these guidelines.
This English version is a translation of the original guidelines in Chinese. Should there be any discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.