Doctoral degree programme
|【Online application】and upload of documents required||15/10/2023 – 15/05/2024|
|Selection*||From Jan 2024|
|Release of admission results【Candidate Portal】||From Late Jan 2024|
|Class commencement||Sep 2024|
Master's degree programme
|【Online application】and upload of documents required||15/10/2023 – 30/04/2024|
|Selection*||From Mar 2024|
|Release of admission results【Candidate Portal】||From Apr 2024|
|Class commencement||Aug 2024|
*Applications will only be considered valid for the selection process after the application fee has been settled and all required documents have been submitted. If your application is not selected in one round, it will be reassessed in the next round until admissions close. The selection process is normally completed by end of June 2024.
Step 1 Know your programme
- Find out more about your programme here and learn about its eligibility
Step 2 Prepare for your application
- Read the Admission Regulations and be aware of the key dates
- Prepare the documents required for your application
Step 3 Complete all the application procedures* within application period
- Submit online application
- Settle application fee
- Upload the documents required via Online Application Portal
Step 4 Check your application status after the end of the application period (within the selection period)
- Log in to Candidate Portal for checking your application status
* Applications will only be considered valid after the application fee has been settled and all required documents have been submitted. All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
1. Applicants for admission to a Master’s degree programme must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- a) Holding a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, or
- b) Currently studying in the final year of the programme stated in item a)
2. Applicants for admission to a Doctoral degree programme must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- a) Holding a Master’s degree or the equivalent, or
- b) Currently studying in the final year of the programme stated in item a).
3. Applicants are also required to satisfy any additional criteria prescribed by the programme of study concerned.
Applicants are required to upload a copy of the following documents via the Online Application Portal:
- Identification document
- Recent photo
- Certificate(s) and academic transcript(s)1
- Two reference letters (provided by referees)
- Any other documents required by individual programme
- Research proposal (applicable to applicants for doctoral degree programmes only)
1.In addition to the degree certificate, an applicant holding a degree awarded by a higher education institution in the Chinese Mainland is also required to provide the graduation certificate; Applicants with a bachelor’s degree top-up from higher diploma level are required to provide both the higher diploma and the degree certificate as well as their relevant academic transcript; Applicants currently studying in the final year of a Bachelor's or Master's degree programme are required to submit their most updated academic transcript and testimonial. MPU prospective graduates are not required to do so.
2. All documents should be in Chinese, Portuguese or English; otherwise, an official certified translation should be provided.
|Programme||Other required documents|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Portuguese|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Applied Technology||
|Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy||
|Doctor of Philosophy in Artificial Intelligence Driven Drug Discovery||
|Master of Chinese-Portuguese Translation and Interpreting||
|Master of Science in Big Data and Internet-of-Things||
|Master of Interdisciplinary Arts||
|Master of Science in Sports and Physical Education||
|Master of Science in Nursing||
|Master of Public Administration||
|Master of Education (Cultural Communication and Education)||
|Master of Business Administration||
|Master of Business Administration in Gaming Management||
# For requirements about the research proposal and the related documents, please refer to MPU admission webpage.
& Applicants who received a Bachelor's degree with English as the teaching medium are not required to do so.
- The academic unit concerned shall inform the shortlisted candidates of the interview arrangements via email. Any failure to attend the interview/assessment shall lead to disqualification.
- The admission offer will be released via MPU's Candidate Portal.